Brother Albert Francis Schmidt of the Baltimore District passed away on Saturday, June 6, at the age of 88. Funeral service will be on Thursday, June 11 at La Salle Hall in Ammendale. Viewing is at 9:30 am and the Mass of Christian Burial is at 11:00 am followed by interment at the Brothers’ cemetery.
- Born Albert Francis Schmidt on January 12, 1921.
- Died at Riverview Hospital, Red Bank, NJ on June 6, 2009
- Entered the Ammendale Novitiate on June 17, 1938
- Received the Religious Habit and Name Dagobert Martin on September 7, 1938
- Pronounced perpetual vows at Ammendale, MD in 1946.
- 1939-1940 Washington, D.C. De La Salle College: scholasticate
- 1940-1941 Eddington, PA St. Francis Vocational: scholasticate
- 1941-1948 Philadelphia, PA West Catholic Boys High: teacher
- 1948-1956 Pittsburgh, PA Central Catholic High: teacher
- 1956-1967 Philadelphia, PA West Catholic Boys High: teacher
- 1967-1976 Washington, D.C. St. John‘s College High: teacher
- 1976-1980 Cumberland, MD Bishop Walsh High: teacher
- 1980-1983 Radnor, PA Carroll Boys High: teacher
- 1983-1986 Jersey City, NJ Hudson Catholic High: teacher
- 1986-1993 Pittsburgh, PA Central Catholic High: retired
- 1993-2007 Ammendale, MD La Salle Hall: retired (November)
- 2007-2009 Lincroft, NJ De La Salle Hall: retired