Brother Superior General Robert Schieler, FSC, has announced that the 46th General Chapter will be held at the Generalate in Rome, Italy, citing COVID-19 concerns. The General Chapter was originally scheduled to be held in Pattaya, Thailand, in May 1-22, 2021, before it was postponed one year to May 1-22, 2022, due to the pandemic.
In noting the Preparatory Commission’s decision to move the General Chapter to Rome, Brother Robert wrote, “I would like to emphasize the importance of maintaining the hopeful, daring and inspiring spirit that was present when Pattaya was chosen. The challenge remains to confront our present reality with the eyes of faith, to design a Gospel-inspired pathway forward, and to have the courage to risk all for Jesus Christ and his project for the Reign of God.”
Brother Robert has also announced the delegates to the General Chapter, which is themed “Building New Paths to Transform Lives.” The capitulants from RELAN are:
- Brother Michael Andrejko, FSC (District of Eastern North America)
- Brother Timothy Coldwell, FSC (General Councilor/District of San Francisco New Orleans)
- Brother Chris Englert, FSC (Auxiliary Visitor, Midwest District)
- Brother Michael Fehrenbach, FSC (Visitor, Midwest District)
- Brother Richard Galvin, FSC (District of Eastern North America)
- Brother Florent Gaudreault, FSC (Visitor, District of Francophone Canada)
- Brother Nick Gonzalez, FSC (Assistant Visitor, District of San Francisco New Orleans)
- Brother Donald Johanson, FSC (Visitor, District of San Francisco New Orleans)
- Brother Ernest Miller, FSC (District of Eastern North America)
- Brother Dylan Perry, FSC (Midwest District)
- Brother Robert Schaefer, FSC (Visitor, District of Eastern North America)
- Brother Robert Schieler, FSC (Superior General/District of Eastern North America)
The General Chapter is normally held every seven years and evaluates the life of the Institute, provides for its continuing adaptation and renewal, and sets out the main guidelines for future action. In addition, the Chapter elects the Brother Superior General and the Brother General Councilors (Rule, 112). The Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools has provided a website with materials to explain the various aspects of the Chapter and the preparation that is required. Check the website for updates and search #FSC46GC on social media for the latest.