Religious Brothers Day will be marked throughout the Catholic Church in the United States on Friday, May 1, 2020, the Feast of Saint Joseph the Worker.
Religious Brothers Day offers an opportunity to celebrate and offer gratitude for the gift of religious brotherhood. For the Lasallian family, it is a chance to give thanks specifically for the De La Salle Christian Brothers, as well as inspire and invite young people to consider the Brothers’ vocation.
All are invited to mark the day through engaging in one or more of the opportunities presented to participate.
For this year’s Religious Brothers Day, the Conference of Major Superiors of Men put together a new resource guide of ideas, activities, and prayers that can be utilized to participate in the day. Download the guide.
Some other ideas to participate in the day include:
- Offering specific prayers or a day of prayer for Brothers and vocations to the consecrated life (a prayer service and prayer card are available as resources);
- Watching and showing vocation videos of the Brothers’ vocation and life.
- Writing a hand-written note, or email, of gratitude to a Brother you know.
- Specific invitation to young people, pondering the question, “have you ever thought about being a Brother?”
- Prayer Card
- Prayer Services (Morning and Evening)
- Letter on Religious Brothers Day from Papal Nuncio to the United States
- Listing of congregations of Religious Brothers
- Vatican Document, “Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in the Church“
- Religious Brothers Day, www.yearforconsecratedlife.com
Check out the vocation social media for the De La Salle Christian Brothers and share: