A group of Lasallian educators and District personnel has created an updated version of the 2006 Lasallian Youth manual to more readily meet the needs of ministries today. Educators can use this as a resource to create or enhance already existing Lasallian Youth initiatives in their ministries. Initially compiled in 1995, the manual examines the nature of the Lasallian Youth movement, its origins and development, and its participation in the shared mission of the De La Salle Christian Brothers.
- ideas for starting or revitalizing Lasallian Youth at the local ministry level,
- suggestions on making Lasallian Youth part of school culture,
- opportunities for networking at varying levels, and
- tips and resources.
To support educators in using this updated manual to start or enhance Lasallian Youth programs in their ministries, two Region-wide Zoom sessions will be hosted in May for Lasallian Youth moderators, service/immersion coordinators and/or school administrators. Each session will:
- provide an opportunity for participants to share sections of the manual that speak to their personal experience,
- give time and space for collaboration and inter-District sharing between Lasallian Youth moderators,
- incorporate a Q&A session to answer questions about Lasallian Youth or the manual, and
- offer best practice sharing from seasoned Lasallian Youth moderators.
Note that registration is not required, and participants can express interest in joining either session using the interest form below. Each session will be approximately 60 minutes in length. Please sign up for one of the two Zoom sessions being offered by Friday, April 28, using this form.
Session 1: Wednesday, May 3, 3:15 p.m. PT/ 5:15 p.m. CT/ 6:15 p.m. ET
Session 2: Thursday, May 4, 1:00 p.m. PT/ 3:00 p.m. CT/ 4:00 p.m. ET