In a recent list from Niche Rankings that identifies the Most Diverse Private High Schools in America, the top five ranked schools are Lasallian:
1. St. Joseph High School, Westchester, Illinois
2. Saint Mary’s College High School, Berkeley, California
3. De La Salle Institute – Institute Campus, Chicago, Illinois
4. De La Salle North Catholic High School, Portland, Oregon
5. La Salle High School, Pasadena, California
According to Niche, the list ranks 532 high schools based on diversity statistics and more than 54,000 opinions from 13, 000 students and parents. Niche describes a high ranking as an indication “that the school is extremely diverse and fosters a community that accepts and promotes a diversity of viewpoints, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations.”
Four other Lasallian schools were also in the top 100: De La Salle Institute – Lourdes Hall Campus, Chicago, Illinois (38); De La Salle High School, New Orleans, Louisiana (39); Christian Brothers High School, Sacramento, California (43); and St. John’s College High School, Washington, DC (66).
Niche, which an expansion of the college search service Carnegie Mellon University students founded in 2002, provides reviews and insights on K-12 schools, colleges and neighborhoods.