Lasallians worldwide will unite for the 6th annual International Lasallian Days for Peace (ILDP). The month-long event kicks off September 21, 2012 on the United Nations’ sanctioned International Day of Peace. It concludes October 21, 2012. During this time, Lasallians will foster peace through prayer, study and action.
Led by the International Council of Young Lasallians, each Region, District, school and ministry is encouraged to put its own touch on the program by coordinating a one-day effort or activities spanning the entire month. The council asks Lasallians to organize an activity for Friday, October 21 so all Lasallians will be united on that day. Districts in RELAN are currently planning their efforts.
The International Council of Young Lasallians offers these ideas for ILDP activities:
• Volunteer both within and outside of your District
• Commitment to live a simpler, less materialistic lifestyle, to promote
justice and peace
• Assembly activities in schools
• Prayer services
• Workshops / campaigns / art exhibitions
• Peaceful marches
• Sending of letters to local authorities calling for peace in specific areas
• Intercultural or interreligious activities
Superior General Brother Álvaro Rodríguez Echeverría offered this message for International Lasallian Days for Peace 2012.
Pictured below is the winner of the ILDP poster contest. Odeh Amarin, a former student of De La Salle College, Amman in Jordan created the poster.